Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I've Grown Accustomed to His Heart! (LLJL)

To my Surprise and Delight
I find that I will be missing my Sweet Angel Man
as he heads back to the City for work...
Friday can't come soon enough...
Oh and Thank You Spirit...
For sending me the Greatest & Highest
Expression and Embodiment of True Love,
Anyone could Hope for..

Truly, Spirit Always Knows Best! :)

 
I guess Lerner and Loewe said it best for me...
(With a little variation and additional last verse, on my part, of course:)

"Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!
I've grown accustomed to his face.
He almost makes the day begin.
I've grown accustomed to the tune
That he whistles night and noon.
His smiles, his frowns,
His ups, his downs
Are second nature to me now,
Like breathing out and breathing in.

I was serenly independent
And content before we met.
Surely I could always be that way again - and yet,
I've grown accustomed to his look,
Accustomed to his voice,
Accustomed to his face.

I'm so used to hear him say,
"Good morning" ev'ry day.
His joys, his woes,
His highs, his lows,
Are second nature to me now,
Like breathing out and breathing in.

I'm very grateful he's a man,
And so easy to forget, rather like a habit
One can always break - and yet,
I've grown accustomed to the trace,
Of something in the air,
Accustomed to his face.

It's so disconcerting to me now
At my sadness when we part
Still I am so grateful for his presence in my life
I've grown accustomed to the Love
He shares so willingly,
Accustomed to his Heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment